Friday 13 April 2012

Liechtenstein 5/3-7/3

I checked out from Zürich the next morning, and arrived in Liechtenstein in the early afternoon.  I spent the afternoon wandering around Vaduz, with the first stop being the Rheinpark Stadion Vaduz.  The girl in the reception was really nice, invited me to training on Wednesday, and went the extra mile to make sure that I would be able to pick up an FC Vaduz shirt on Wednesday, with the name and number.  She also took me out into the stadium proper.

The View from my Hotel, (lookng south) you can see Balziers:

The Western Stand of the Rheinpark Stadion:


I then went along the Rhein. There were placards at distances representing the solar system, with the gaps between the placards to scale with the solar System; I got to Jupiter, with Saturn 550+ metres further on when I left the river. I saw the first bridge built over the Rhein in the area. I went to McD’s in Triesen for Lunch, then back to Vaduz where I saw the Parliament Buildings and the Cathedral.
Looking south from the Eastern Bank of the Rhein:

That night I had dinner at the Älplërösti, where I had a bit of a problem with the German menu!
Triesenberg Rathaus: (my hotel was in Triesenberg)

The next day I went into Schaan, wandered around for a bit, and had yummy Weißensandwich bread for lunch. As I was walking around Schaan, a bus drove past, and it was driven by the driver who had dropped me off in the morning, I assume he recognised me, as he gave me a hearty wave. One of the things I love about the country.
A House in Schaan:

I went back to Vaduz, where I looked at model trains for Dad’s birthday (I want to get something like the train that brought me to Liechtenstein). The shop also sold Warhammer, and they had all these old models that haven’t been in production for years, and they also had a ½ price sale, which was so amazing, I settled for 1 blister of an old lot of models. I also went to the Landesmuseum in Vaduz, which was really interesting. It covered the history of Liechtenstein, and the history is tied into that of the Major European powers of the 18th-20th centuries more than I realised.

Vaduz Rathaus:

The Main shopping street in Vaduz

Vaduz Cathedral
For dinner that night I had a French “Steak au Poivre”
My Hotel in Triesenberg:
Next morning, I bought the train engine and some rolling stock for Dad, and went to the Post Office to send it, so it would get home not too long after his birthday. Then I had lunch and went to the FC Vaduz training that I was invited to on the first day. After that, I caught the bus to Feldkirch, and took the train to Bregenz; the train was running late, and I just made my connection to , and went from there to München.
 The Centre of Vaduz, as seen from the Lookout near Schloss Vaduz:
The South of Vaduz, as seen from the Lookout near Schloss Vaduz:

The Middle and East of Vaduz, as seen from the Lookout near Schloss Vaduz:

The North of Vaduz, and the Medieval part of Vaduz, as seen from the Lookout near Schloss Vaduz:

Schloss Vaduz:

Vaduz, and Schloss Vaduz, as seen from near the Rheinpark Stadion:

No comments:

Post a Comment