Tuesday 31 January 2012

Europe Week III part II

Blog post 30/01/12 Heidelberg
This is the 2nd of today's 3 posts, this one will cover my time in Heidelberg.
As I mentioned in my previous post, the train from Metz-Saarbrücken got replaced with bus, as a result I went to Heidelberg via Kaiserslautern, it was a really nice trip, and I ended up speaking with a lovely German couple from Kaiserslautern to Mannheim, I went from the HBF to the hostel, (an amazing place btw), and I checked in. That evening I had my first "proper" German dinner - meatballs, they were delicious. The next day I wandered around the Altstadt, crossed the Neckar river and wandered along the opposite bank, I love the city, the Altstadt is such a beautiful place, and I loved wandering around there.
View across the Neckar from the Altstadt.




After lunch I went up to the castle on the hill, the views were amazing, and I certainly was glad I'd transferred the morning pics to my iPad already, otherwise I think I might have run out of space on my camera. I wandered around for a bit before going back to the hostel.
The Altstadt from the Castle.




That evening I was catching up with a friend from the AUGC back home, and we went to what turned out to be the same restaurant I went to the previous night, no matter, as I had the opportunity to have something else, I had the curry sausages and chips, om nom nom.
The castle entrance.




I bought a Germany football top while I was there, with #7 Schweinsteiger. 1 top down, 3-??? To go.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment