Tuesday 31 January 2012

Europe Week III part III/Week IV part I

Blog post 30/01/12: Lyon.
After Strasbourg, I went to Lyon, where I had a ticket to the Olympique Lyonnais-Dijon FCO game, I arrived on Friday, and I went to the Hotel to check in. After checking in I went to the nearest oL store, and proceeded to spend my (read: my parents) money on some OL gear, I bought a jacket, cap, pen, some gloves, stickers and 2 shirts, 1 Home shirt with 21 Gonalons and 1 away with 8 Gourcuff.
My home (r) and away shirts.


The next day I wandered around the immediate vicinity to the hotel, just sorting out a few things with my phone and such. That evening I had a ticket to the OL-DFCO game, so I caught the train to the Stade Gerland. My ticket was in the south stand, I didn't realise at the time of booking that it was where one of the supporter groups stood (no backs to the seats), while I loved my view (behind the goals), I would, the next time, probably look at getting a seat on the sideline as I felt I didn't really fit in with the supporter groups (might be my lack of French, hmmmn)
Goooaaall!


The game was amazing, OL opened the scoring 8 minutes in, almost immediately Dijon got a penalty, which hit the post!!! :-D then about 25 minutes in OL got a goal disallowed for Offside, I couldn't tell, but it was obviously a bad decision :-P not much else happened for the rest of the half. In the second half Dijon started much the better team, and when they finally equalised in the 62nd (approx) minute, it was under controversial circumstances. An OL player had been fouled, and everyone had stopped, (the linesman called a foul), the ref played on and Dijon scored, much to the ire of the stadium, which was ringing with boos. Dijon kept the pressure up in the immediate aftermath of the goal, and had a shot hit Lloris' right post, (phew!), in the 78th minute Gomis, had a brilliant solo run for a goal, which put OL up 2-1, and only 4 minutes later Lacazette made it 3!!!!!!!!!! I had a great night, which was made spectacular by the win.
Me outside the Stade Gerland before the match in my OL jacket.


On Sunday, I had a real tourist day, I spent the day wandering around the city, which I thought was really beautiful, great views, even though I had to walk up some steep hills/steps. I went to the ruins of the Roman theatres, and the church (cathedral?) on the top of the hill. I went all around the centre-ville and the old town.
The Roman Amphitheatre.


The view from the Cathederal.


This is an indication of the steps I walked up and down that day. (taken halfway down)


A duck on the Rhône, which was a really nice green/blue colour.


The Cathedral as seen from La Republique.


Today, I did some more wandering before I caught the train from Lyon-Monaco (via Marseilles, with a change over at Nice)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment